September 22, 2016
Regardless of the season, a great looking smile is always in style. If you have a smile that you want to give a lift to, cosmetic dentistry is the answer. Dr. Anderson is a well-respected and knowledgeable cosmetic dentist in Virginia Beach, VA, and he can give your smile the boost you are looking for. The trick is to know what your options are for different conditions you may face.
Common Cosmetic Problems and Solutions
Chipped Teeth – Chipped teeth are hard on the look of your smile. They can make you hesitant to flash your grin to those around you. Luckily, we have two great options to help you correct this cosmetic burden.
- Dental Bonding – For this procedure, we use composite resin to correct the shape of your tooth. You can have it done quickly in one visit to our office. Dr. Anderson will correct your chip and have you on your way. Bonding is the fastest and least expensive fix for your chipped tooth, but it is also the least durable. You will want to be careful about what kind of foods you eat, as hard foods, like apples, may cause it to chip off.
- Dental Veneers – Definitely the more durable of our cosmetic solution options, dental veneers are able to effectively hide chips in your tooth and return your smile to all of its former glory. These sturdy yet thin pieces of porcelain will give you the appearance you want, and durability you need to eat the foods you love. If you are looking for a solution that lasts, you want to look at dental veneers from J. Wesley Anderson Jr., DDS.
Cracked Teeth – A cracked tooth not only hurts your appearance, but it also puts your smile at risk of further damage. A crack makes your tooth that much more likely to fully break. Correcting this condition is imperative to the long-term health of your tooth. Here are some of your options.
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers can support your tooth, specifically a front tooth, and hold it together. This support keeps it from cracking further or breaking completely. The veneer is also able to cover the crack and eliminate any negative effects it may have on your overall appearance.
- Dental Crowns – A severe crack may need a dental crown to keep the tooth safe. Not only will the crown make your tooth look like new, but it will totally cover the damaged tooth and protect it from further damage. While crowns are considered a restorative fix, they do have cosmetic merit in this instance. Our crowns look natural and can be made and placed in just one visit!
Misshapen Teeth – Your teeth are supposed to be a certain shape when they come in. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Orthodontic treatments are ineffective in fixing this particular problem. If you suffer from a misshapen tooth, you need a fix that can cover the tooth. Here is your best treatment option.
- Dental Veneers – A dental veneer is custom made to go over your existing tooth, and we will have it manufactured to fit perfectly to your liking. This means we can even adjust the veneer to hide the misshapen tooth and give you the appearance of a perfectly formed tooth in its place.
Stained Teeth – One of the most important aspects of a good looking smile is the color of your teeth. If you have teeth that are not as white as they should be, you can immediately improve your appearance with the help of these cosmetic solutions.
- Dental Whitening – In as little as a single office visit, you can find yourself with what amounts to a whole new smile. Dental whitening from Dr. Anderson fast, safe, and effective. Don’t wait weeks and even months for the OTC whitening solutions to have an effect (if much of an effect at all). Get the results you are looking for with a brilliantly whiter smile from a simple visit to your Virginia Beach dentist. We offer in-office and at-home whitening so you can choose whichever one will work best for you.
- Dental Veneers – Some dental staining (often medication- or disease-related) is resistant to dental whitening. In those cases, dental veneers are an effective fix for you. The dental veneer will cover this deep staining and return your tooth to a natural white appearance. We can even do smile makeovers with several veneers to make your smile beautiful and white!
Your smile should be something you wear with pride no matter what season it is. Make sure it is ready to show off with cosmetic dental solutions from J. Wesley Anderson Jr., DDS. Call our office today at 757-932-6856 to schedule your appointment.